4.21.2008

Cascading Fuchsias Market Bag


The Cascading Fuchsias Market Bag is finally completely finished, and ready to be given away...



But that didn't stop me from pretending it was mine for a day.





The bag turned out very well, and I'm sure that the recipient will be pleased with it. It was a pretty fast project, and I would consider knitting it again. I used Cascade 220 for this project and size 11 needles for the bag body.




The flowers were fun to make and really set off the bag in my opinion.
Can you see the little sewn on seed beads?


As for the bag's interior, I hired a seamstress to line it according to the instructions on Nora Bellows website. She added two zippered pockets in contrasting colors as well as a snap closure. I think that the pockets and snap make it a more useable piece.








After the bag was lined, I sewed on the vines and flowers with a matching sewing thread.
I love how the vine wraps around the bag handle.



Thankyou to my lovely friend Audrey for her wonderful photography!

6 comments:

Cathi said...

That turned out really neat, Alana! Beautiful job.

Dawn said...

Oh it turned out so pretty! Love it! Great job!

skinner studio said...

Alana, this is absolutely beautiful! What a fabulous gfit to receive, I'm sure she'll love it. I wish I had better knitting skills and could try to make one myself. Well, maybe someday...in the meantime you are a great inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Hey Alana -

How are you doing?

That is a awesome bag! I may try to make one, one of these days. LOL!

Take care,
Ashley

Puttermeister said...

That bag felted up beautifully, and the photographs really show it off nicely. Lovely work!

Nik said...

That bag is beautiful.

I found you through the Budding Designers group in ravelry.