4.18.2008

"Never Not Knitting" is not knitting....

....I'm crocheting....




Ava can't believe it either so she leans in for a closer look.


The truth of the matter is... I next to never crochet. I of course teach my crochet classes but besides that, there is no crochet happening in our home. The last crochet project I did was over a year ago now. The interesting thing about this is that I learned how to crochet even before I learned how to knit and for a long time that's all I did. Even AFTER I learned to knit. Surprising? I'm not sure why I turned into more of a knitter than crocheter...but it probably has to do with the fact that I have produced more crocheted acrylic atrocities than any 90 year old Grandma could dream up.



But this project will be different.....I hope.



Yes, I finally drug out my half finished Leaves Sweater that has not been touched since November of last year. If the thought of a crocheted sweater gives you scratchy acrylic nightmares, you are not alone, and don't worry this isn't that type of sweater. I am knitting it in Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, which by the way is so soft!



It has been fun doing a bit of crochet again, but truthfully I am feeling nervous (queasy) about the end product. (I, of course, did carefully explain to the Leaves Sweater that I have no problem disposing of sweaters that make me look fat, quoting the Klaralund sweater as an example.) It is just too soon to tell whether this project will be a cute sweater or make me look like a dated, crochet-clad super freak. We will just have to wait and see....


I do think that the crocheted edging is pretty though...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's a neat stitch pattern, that's for sure. I think it's cute that you say you're "knitting" it in Baby Cashmerino. Old habits/terms die hard! Looking forward to the finished product.